Bioburden Testing Market Worth $2.01 Billion by 2026 | CAGR: 13.7%: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global bioburden testing market size is expected to reach USD 2.01 billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 13.7% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to showcase upward trend in the forthcoming years owing to growing concerns about product safety. This has led to various government initiatives to promote microbiological safety testing tools.
Key suggestions from the report:
- On the basis of product, consumables segment dominated the market in 2018 owing to a wide use of culture media and reagents and kits
- PCR instruments facilitate rapid analysis of bacterial bioburden, thus, fostering high market growth
- Aerobic count testing held significant market share in 2018 due to easy isolation of aerobic bacteria by culture media
- Raw material testing is anticipated to showcase lucrative growth during the forecast period owing to the increasing number of product recalls and concern regarding product quality
- On the basis of end use, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies dominated the market in 2018 owing to the high growth of this industry
- The number of CMOs is increasing significantly, which has led to a rise in outsourcing services, thus, driving the segment growth
- North America held the largest revenue share in 2018 due to high R&D spending by key companies and high healthcare spending in the U.S.
- Some of the key manufacturers in the bioburden testing market include Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.; SGS SA; Merck KGaA; Becton, Dickinson and Company; and Wuxi Apptec
Read 98 page research report with ToC on "Bioburden Testing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product, By Test Type (Aerobic Count, Anaerobic Count), By Application (Raw Material Testing, Medical Device Testing), By End Use, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bioburden-testing-market
A number of publications released by organizations to promote awareness regarding microbiological safety testing is broadening the future growth prospects of bioburden testing. For instance, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and Centers for Disease Control published Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL), which includes information pertaining to laboratory biosecurity and risk assessment, decontamination and sterilization, and biological toxins and biosafety levels in laboratories.
Growth of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and food and beverage industries have contributed to the high growth of the bioburden testing market. In addition, increase in R&D investments by prominent companies is expected to encourage end users to adopt highly efficient bioburden testing tools to counter possible losses due to microbial contamination. Merck is planning to invest USD 16 billion in R&D over the next five years, in addition to its annual investment of USD 7 billion. Moreover, requirement for basic drug safety data requirements for preclinical studies is expected to fuel the demand for bioburden testing tools.
Grand View Research has segmented the global bioburden testing market based on product, test type, application, end use, and region:
- Bioburden Testing Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Culture Media
- Reagents and Kits
- Automated Microbial Identification Systems
- PCR Instruments
- Bioburden Testing Test Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Aerobic Count Testing
- Anaerobic Count Testing
- Fungi/Mold Count Testing
- Spore Count Testing
- Bioburden Testing Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Raw Material Testing
- Medical Device Testing
- In-Process Material Testing
- Sterilization Validation Testing
- Equipment Cleaning Validation
- Bioburden Testing End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Medical Device Manufacturers
- Contract Manufacturing Organizations
- Manufacturers of Food & Beverage and Agricultural Products
- Microbial Testing Laboratories
- Bioburden Testing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Biotechnology, by Grand View Research:
- France Flow Cytometry Market – Flow cytometry is impedance-based, biophysical technology. It is used for cell counting & sorting, protein engineering, and detection of the biomarker.
- Mononucleosis Diagnostic Market – Global mononucleosis diagnostic market is expected to witness an incremental growth over the forecast period due to increasing prevalence in mononucleosis epidemics globally and adoption of advanced diagnostic facilities.
- Virology Market – Virology is the branch of Microbiology or Pathology. Virology is the study of viruses, i.e. Submicroscopic, parasitic particles of genetic material contained in a protein coat and virus-like agents.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- January 2021
- February 2021
- Swiss Nordic Bio 2021